Monday, March 23, 2009

Bunny Details for Kari and the Rest of You Wonderful Readers

Here are some more photos of the papers/shapes my Stars used to make their construction paper "egg" bunnies:



I traced around an egg-shaped wall decoration on a piece of light brown construction paper (9X12 inches) and had enough scrap left over to cut out the bottom foot/feet piece. You'll also need two long rectangles in brown and two thin strips of pink...I had my students "round" the corners of those pieces as they assembled their bunnies. The "coveralls" were cut out as a template from another egg shape so they'd fit perfectly, but you'll want to help your students fit them over the bunny's body-they *can* get lopsided. Pretty scraps of printed paper were used as the patch on the coveralls, and students used a black marker or crayon for the face details and "stitching lines" on each side of the patch.





Hoppy (er, Happy) Easter!
*****
Many thanks to Sheryl over at Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds~ she made my day today when she shared the following Friendship Award with me:



"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbon of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to those bloggers who must choose at least five more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award."

Sheryl's blog makes me smile every time she posts! As a fan of developmentally appropriate practice and the teachers who make early childhood education the experience it *should be*, I was thrilled to discover her blog. One of her favorite quotes? "Teach what you know and continue to grow." Please visit Sheryl often (and remember she's over in my blogroll under Early Childhood)!

I'll be passing the award on this weekend-check back!

*****

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the instructions to the bunny! I needed an inspired idea for art class this week! How did you get the "bow" to lay so nicely? Cute, cute, cute :-)!

    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing! Will be doing it with my Kindergarten class this year!
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michaele. Your bunny is so cute! It has been a great hit with the teachers. However, they needed/wanted a template to make one, and you only provided the instructions. So I hope you don't mind but I made a free template for them and posted it on my blog. I gave you full credit and linked my blog to yours. Here is my blog if you would like to see it. http://kafysbooks.blogspot.com/2015/03/free-egg-shaped-spring-bunny.html
    Thank you for your wonderful ideas!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:16 PM

    So precious! We will be dong this at out Easter Party next week :) Thanks for the idea!
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete

As always, thank you for your comments, tips, suggestions and questions!